There are many benefits of membership at the Royal Anglesey Yacht club, not least of which is our idyllic location, overlooking the mountains of Snowdonia and the Menai strait in the historic town on Beaumaris.
For around £3 a week, our members enjoy:
- A family-friendly club providing sailing and rowing in one of the best locations anywhere.
- Free membership for children who’s parents are members.
- A large dingy compound for boat storage and a club boat shed with boat storage at a reasonable cost.
- Access to the clubhouse, with changing facilities, showers, galley and licensed bar.
- Entry in our organised racing series.
- A professional bosun to ensure that we are safe on the challenging Menai strait.
- Three safety boats.
- Full insurance for racing.
- RYA Affiliated.
- Subsidised RYA Powerboat training courses.
- Youth training sessions in Sailing and Rowing – a very active and popular section of the club.
- Regular social events at which members meet and socialise.
- Club racing on Wednesday evenings, Saturdays and some Sundays between May and October.
- Informal sailing days and taster sessions for novice sailors and rowers.
- Subsidised rental of our function rooms boasting amazing views of the mountains and Menai Strait.
Our members also benefit from:
- A well run club, operated by a large volunteer base.
- Being part of a long and distinguished history of Sailing and Rowing in Beaumaris. The club was founded in 1885.
- Our racing is based on enjoyable club competition.
- We are at the centre of the superb annual 2 week Menai strait regatta.
- A great team of volunteers who work hard to offer a good social programme for both sailors and non-sailors and their families to enjoy throughout the year.
2021 Membership Fees.
- Full member Aged 30 -59: £165.00
- Aged 60 and over: £110.00
- Aged 25 – 29: £100.00
- Aged 18 – 24: £50.00
- Overseas: £90.00
- Cadets aged under 18 or 21 in full time education: £25.00
- Cadets with parents who are members: free.
We welcome applications for membership, which should be accompanied by the membership fee or a direct debit instruction, download the forms and information below: