RYA First Aid Course – 1 Day Course.
The 1-day RYA First Aid At Sea Course is a requirement for many seafarers including commercial skippers. The syllabus was created following guidelines from many recognised agencies.
The one-day RYA First Aid At Sea Course covers all the basic first aid subjects, but focuses on those operating on yachts and boats with various situations looked at from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or channel passages.
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and the ability to quickly administer effective first aid can and does save lives. This is especially true for those who may find themselves in a situation in remote location. The one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
It fulfils the requirements for cat c commercial first aid kits for:-
Professional Skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boat masters.
What Will The RYA First Aid At Sea Course Teach Me ?
- The course is recommended by both the MCA and HSE. The subjects specific to boating include:
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the Drowning protocol
- Cold Shock and Hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and Dehydration
- Summoning Medical Assistance or Advice by VHF
- Helicopter Rescue procedures
Training Dates at RAYC.
Please find below a list of dates for the First Aid course. To reserve your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Antony (Trigger) Robinson.
- Saturday 11th January