Junior Sailing lessons at the RAYC.
We run Junior sailing lessons using our RS Feva XLs here at the RAYC, our lessons begin in May and run through to the end of our sailing season in September. For more information or to book a place, please contact us.
- The sessions hosted by RYA Registered Senior Instructors
- Beginners will tackle stages 1 and 2 of the RYA syllabus
- Intermediates will work on stages 3 and 4 of the RYA syllabus
- Develop on-the-water skills and seamanship over the course of the sessions.
- Boats used will be RS Fevas (double handed boats).
- As well as teaching the basics of sailing, the sessions are designed to be fun, build confidence and respect for the water and the environment around us.
- We will run a session even if the weather is too bad to go on the water, you will be notified by email in advance and a theory session will be held at the RAYC club house, 6-7 Green Edge, Beaumaris.
- Children will be expected to be on time, help rig launch recover and put boats away before going home, they will also be required to pay attention and want to learn. We reserve the right to exclude any child who misbehaves as this disrupts the rest of the group and can be dangerous.
- Meet at 5:45 at the entrance to the Dinghy Park on the Green in Beaumaris – just outside the RNLI Lifeboat station.
Junior Membership is £25 for the year, £9.00 per session
- Membership covers full insurance, safety cover and full use of club facilities.
- The junior membership fee shall be waived if a parent is already a member of the RAYC.