Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions
Amendment 2 – 14th May 2020
Race Officer: – Antony Robinson Races will be scored.
- The racing will be governed by the rules as defined in The Virtual Regatta Rules of Sailing, dated 22nd January 2019
- Rule infringements will be decided by the Virtual Regatta system and its decisions are final and are not appealable.
- Entry is open to all RAYC members and invited guests only.
- FORMAT OF RACING
- Each race will have a maximum number of 20 entries 3.2 Entries will be on a first come first served basis.
- The race code to enter for all races will be: – rayc (lowercase).
- The first race will be set at 1500hrs prompt and the warning signal will be sounded at 1505hrs, the next race will be set as soon as the last boat crosses the line. With the aim to get as many races in as possible.
- If a race is full, then please spectate by using the race ID of RAYC Regatta, this will also indicate when the next race is will start.
- The last race will start at 1600hrs at the latest.
- All racing will be completed on the 17th May 2020.
- The equipment to be sailed will be the J70, and spinnakers are allowed.
- The course will be “Upwind Medium” – a windward/leeward course with an offset mark and a downwind finish consisting of two laps.
- The races will be scored and posted on the RAYC Website and Facebook page, once they have been compiled
8. STARTING RACES
|Minutes before Star1ng signal||Visual Signal||Sound Signal||Means|
|1.15||P and Virtual Regatta flag||One Hooter||Warning Signal|
|1.00||P removed||One Hooter||Preparatory Signal|
|0.00||Virtual Regatta flag removed||One Hooter||Starting Signal|
The Royal Anglesey Yacht Club accept no responsibility for data usage or in game purchases by competitors; neither problems experienced by third party providers, Virtual Regatta.