I hope you have had an enjoyable Christmas. As you know the First Minister has announced a suite of new Covid measures.
The Welsh Government announcement is available here.
Most significantly for boating, these measures include:
- Large events will not be allowed indoors or outdoors. The maximum number of people who can gather at an indoor event will be 30 and 50 outdoors.
- No spectators for any individual sport events, however parents/guardians can be present on-shore, with social practices in place, for the welfare and safeguarding of those under 18yrs old.
- There will be an exception for team sports, up to 50 spectators will be able to gather, in addition to those taking part. There is also an exception for events involving children.
Other measures indoors include a return to previous Alert Level 2 restrictions, including:
- A legal requirement to work from home where possible, enforceable by fines on employers and employees.
- A general requirement of 2m social distancing in all premises open to the public and workplaces, where reasonable.
- The rule of six will apply to gatherings in regulated premises, such as hospitality, cinemas and theatres. Any six people may meet in these settings as a bubble.
- All licensed premises will need to take additional measures to protect customers and staff, including table service and collecting contact details.
- Face coverings will be required in hospitality settings at all times apart from when seated.
With these new measures in place we have taken the decision not to open on New Year’s Eve.
We will however open on Sunday 2nd January and look forward to welcoming you for our usual Sunday opening hours from 12 noon.
I will update you as the situation changes.
Wishing you all a happy and safe New Year.